The interim report of LKAB for the second quarter 2013 show
• Net sales decreased by 13 percentto MSEK 5,460 (6,259).
• Deliveries of iron ore totalled 5.8 (5.6) Mt.
• Operating profit amounted to MSEK 1,367 (2,297).
• Profit before tax totalled MSEK 1,391 (2,339).
• Profit for the period amounted to MSEK 1,056 (1,713).
• Operating cash flo w was MSEK 554 (1,311).
• A dividend of MSEK 5,500 (5,000) was paid to the owner.
The lowering of the market price of iron ore during the quarter influenced LKAB’s operating profit and cash flow substantially, which indicates LKAB’s sensitivity to market price changes. Demand for LKAB’s pellet products remained high during the quarter. Deliveries of iron ore products totalled 5.8 Mt (5.6) in the second quarter, an increase of 4 percent.
During the second quarter, production disruptions in the pelletizing plants in Kiruna and Svappavaara affected production levels negatively. An action program has been initiated that will reduce disruptions in the pelletizing plants.
Demand for LKAB’s products is expected to begood for the remainder of 2013.