The new organisation that was put in place during the spring reinforces LKAB’s focus areas of resource-efficient production, social change, and growth.
Together with all the company’s employees, new units and key people in new positions will build a larger LKAB focused on sustainability and the environment. An LKAB that operates in attractive societies and that continues to maintain the high quality of its products and deliveries.
Anders Kitok is Senior Vice President with total responsibility for energy at LKAB since 1 March. The aim of the new unit is to reduce energy use, climate impact and energy costs. His staff include Stefan Savonen, Research and Development Manager at Energy and Climate.
– With the new organisation, we bring together all our energy efforts into a single unit and we can thus succeed in attaining our high goals, says President and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Aaro.
Read more about energy
Anders Furbeck is Senior Vice President with responsibility for sustainability matters in the group since 1 April. The functions that were previously the responsibility of the Quality department have been transferred to the Sustainability unit.
– Sustainability is being given increasing emphasis in the world around us and LKAB has a very good starting point, for example in our long-term efforts in energy efficiency and taking responsibility for the environment and society. We have now gathered these issues into a single unit to be able to put more force behind our new sustainability strategy, says President and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Aaro.
Read more about sustainability
Stefan Hämäläinen is Senior Vice President with responsibility for social transformation in Malmfälten from 11 March and reports directly to the company president. Mikael Westerlund is Deputy Operations Manager for social transformation in Kiruna from 1 June.
– Social transformation is a crucial activity for LKAB’s survival since it creates the prerequisites for us to continued operating our underground mines, says President and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Aaro.
Read more about social transformation in Malmfälten
Monica Quinteiro is General Manager for works and mining at Svappavaara from 1 April and reports to Senior Vice President Production. Samuel Jonsson took up his new position as Head of Refinement on 1 June and on the same day Mats Niemi began with infrastructure projects, reporting to the General Manager.
Mining’s organisation in Sweden is further strengthened by the appointment of Anders Lindholm as Planning Manager at the Long-Term Planning function as of 1 September.
– With the new mines and the other investments, Svappavaara can look forward to an exciting development which will have great importance for LKAB’s growth and this requires total and effective control of all operations, says President and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Aaro.
Read more about new mines
Performance in Ironmaking
Markus Petäjäniemi, Director of the Mining production division, which now also includes the Logistics function.
– By returning Logistics to Mining we create a total responsibility from mine to customer and can thus hone our cost-effectiveness even more, says President and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Aaro.
Read more about logistics
Göran Olovsson joined Mining’s staff function, reporting to Vice President Production, on 1 June. He will among other things act as support in Mining’s improvement efforts. Hans Engberg will be Head of Department for Production North (Mine Manager at Kiruna) from 1 September.
The work of strengthening the LKAB brand continues
The Communication unit will continue with its long-term efforts to strengthen the LKAB and facilitate other divisions’ and units’ work. A new organisation will be formed with this focus, where Frank Hojem will be Head of Communications from 1 September.
Marketing and Sales streamlined
The Marketing division has become a more streamlined marketing and sales organisation where Peter Schmid is Senior Vice President from 1 August.