Application end date
LKAB is an international and high-tech mining and minerals group that mines and processes the unique magnetite ores of northern Sweden for the global steel market. Sustainability is the core of our business, and our ambition is to be one of the industry’s most innovative, resource-efficient and responsible company.
The group, which had a sales of approximately SEK 34 billion in 2020 and employs about 4 500 people in 12 countries, also includes industrial minerals, drilling systems, rail transport, shotcrete and explosives manufacturing, mining related services and property management. More information can be found on our website https://www.lkab.com/eng/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Long-term scheduling role is responsible for delivering the 5 Year Plan, Life-of-mine base plan (Bas LoMP) and the annual ore reserves update, and reports on compliance with mine plans. This is a senior-level position within the mine planning team. The role responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Deliver quarterly updates and compliance of the 5 Year plan, through collaboration with the respective planning and mining groups.
• Deliver twice-yearly updates of the Bas LoMP.
• Ensure that the global mining sequence meets recommendations from the LKAB rock mechanics group, ground control management plan and cave management plan.
• Identify and escalate potential risks to delivering strategic company goals with sufficient time to allow for mitigating actions to be implemented. This includes tracking compliance with the mine development and production schedules.
• Deliver annual update to the ore reserves, which meet PERC reporting standards.
• Lead the schedule review and approval process.
• Identify strategies to optimize the mining schedule.
• Coach others within the mine planning team.
• Contribute to continuous improvement projects; identify and implement improvements to productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Contribute to the implementation and development of mine planning standards.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Strong safety and quality focus. • Degree in mining engineering (preferred), geology or civil engineering.
• Minimum five years of mining experience in mine planning or mine operations roles. • English language, with Swedish language skills an additional benefit.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver an optimized and integrated schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
• Knowledge of resource and reserve estimation and reporting to an international ore reserves reporting standard. It will also be beneficial if you have:
• Skills in industry standard mine scheduling software (Deswik is being used in the mine).
• Experience with large-scale underground caving operations.
• Significant experience in mine planning, particularly mine scheduling for large-scale underground mines.
• Experience with seismically active mine operations or deep underground mine operations.
• High level of inter-personal and organizational skills to effectively communicate and coordinate with other departments in the company and relevant external organizations. • Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others. • A driving license (B).
A job in a high-tech, international Mineral Group with large-scale operations in a global, competitive market. We can offer part of the company's reward system, benefits such as student support and dental care, wellness with the opportunity for various activities in the ore fields and other activities within LKAB's associations in, for example, outdoor life or art.
At LKAB, we value and strive for diversity and an even gender distribution within the departments. Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis.
The position can be filled before the last application date, so do not wait to submit your application.
Welcome with your application via our website www.lkab.com by 2021-08-31.
For further information, please contact: Peter Engström, Mine planning Kiruna, telephone +46 980 621 06 or e-mail email@example.com.
Prior to the recruitment work, LKAB has taken a position on recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore firmly decline contact with media vendors and recruitment sites.
Trade union contacts:
Kiruna / Svappavaara
Northern Union - Sakari Alanko, 0980-72508
Akademikerföreningen Kiruna / Svappavaara - Björn Åström, 0980-729 03
Ledarna Kiruna / Svappavaara - Ingegerd Kyrö, 0980-71050