Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (publ), which is abbreviated to LKAB, is an international mining and minerals group that offers sustainable iron ore, minerals and special products. We are committed to developing carbon-free processes and products by 2045, leading the transformation of the iron and steel industry.
We are one of Sweden's oldest industrial companies and are wholly owned by the Swedish state. Since 1890 we have developed through unique innovations and technological solutions and are driven forward by more than 4,500 employees in 12 countries. In 2020, the LKAB group had sales of about SEK 34 billion.
Sustainability is the core of our business, and our ambition is to be one of the most innovative, resource-efficient and responsible mining companies in the sector. We manufacture and supply highly processed iron ore products to the global steel market. The majority of our iron ore products are sold to European steelworks. Other important markets are the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and the USA.
- Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (publ) is abbreviated to LKAB
- Established: 1890
- The head office is located in Luleå
- President and CEO: Jan Moström
- Chairman of the Board of Directors: Göran Persson
- LKAB produced 27,1 million tonnes of iron ore products in 2020
- LKAB mines 80 percent of the iron ore in Europe and is thereby Europe's largest iron ore producer
Key financial figures 2020
- Net sales amounted to SEK 33 914 million (31 260)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 11 654 million (11 788)
Committed, Innovative and Responsible. Our values form the basis for the way we achieve good results through our actions. These values will guide us in our deeds and act as a moral framework.
Committed. Committed refers to the fact that we focus on our customers' results in everything we do.
Innovative. Innovatative means that everything can be improved if we dare to think along new lines.
Responsible. Responsible means that we adopt a long-term approach, show respect and put safety first.