Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (publ), which is abbreviated to LKAB, is an international high-tech mining and mineral group that mines and processes Norrbotten's unique iron ore for the global steel market. We are one of Sweden's oldest industrial companies and are wholly owned by the Swedish state.
Sustainability is the core of our business, and our ambition is to be one of the most innovative, resource-efficient and responsible mining companies in the sector. We manufacture and supply highly processed iron ore products to the global steel market. The majority of our iron ore products are sold to European steelworks. Other important markets are the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and the USA.
The group had sales of more than SEK 31 billion in 2019 and employs about 4,300 people in 12 countries. Other group business include industrial minerals, drilling systems, rail transport, rockwork services and property management.
- Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (publ) is abbreviated to LKAB
- Established: 1890
- The head office is located in Luleå
- President and CEO: Jan Moström
- Chairman of the Board of Directors: Göran Persson
- LKAB produced 27,2 million tonnes of iron ore products in 2019
- LKAB mines 80 percent of the iron ore in Europe and is thereby Europe's largest iron ore producer
Key financial figures 2019
- Net sales amounted to SEK 31 260 million (25 892)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 11 788 million (6 869)
Committed, Innovative and Responsible. Our values form the basis for the way we achieve good results through our actions. These values will guide us in our deeds and act as a moral framework.
Committed. Committed refers to the fact that we focus on our customers' results in everything we do.
Innovative. Innovatative means that everything can be improved if we dare to think along new lines.
Responsible. Responsible means that we adopt a long-term approach, show respect and put safety first.